To achieve that winning feeling from your weekly tennis match you need to be well organized beforehand.
Don’t rely on your parents for the following, as you need to take responsibility for your performance.
Set Your Alarm
1. Wake up at least 90mins before your match, especially if your match commences at 8.30 am. Our bodies take at least 1 hour to wake up so set your alarm the night before for a fun morning ahead.
2. Eat a nutritious breakfast consisting of- cereal, toast, fruit, juice etc. Don`t rush out the door with no food eaten as your body’s blood sugar level will be low and you will have no energy for the match ahead.
3. Do some light stretches at home (approx. 5 mins) to warm up and loosen your muscles so you’re ready for the match ahead.
Pack Your Bag
4. Pack your Tennis Bag with your racquet/s Water Bottle full of water, cap, towel, spare socks. Also, a snack or fruit is helpful if your match is in the morning and you may play more than 3 sets.
Tie Your Shoe Laces Firmly!
5. Have your shoelaces tied firmly BEFORE you enter the court so your movement, court speed is at its best.
If you are playing in a tournament for the entire day try to:-
Organize a light 30 min warm-up hit at your local court nearby before travelling to the tournament venue.
This will relax your mind, warm up your muscles and help your footwork for the day ahead.
Also take a larger water bottle, more snacks and fruit in preparation for a longer day ahead and perhaps waiting between matches.
ENJOY your match as you are now well organized to have fun and win at tennis!